At Forgestar, we understand that your wheels are an important investment, and we want to make sure that you get the most out of them. That's why we've put together this comprehensive guide, to help you keep your wheels looking great and performing at their best.
Brake dust, caused by friction of your car’s braking system, is extremely corrosive and can cause pitting of your wheels. Typical road soils trap moisture that can cause corrosion over a period of time. These soils should be removed regularly, preferably on a weekly basis.
USE OF PROPER CLEANING AGENTS
To keep your wheels clean, it's best to use mild soap and water. Avoid using household products that can be too harsh for the wheels. While there are commercially available car washing chemicals and wheel cleaners on the market, we don't recommend using them as they can be highly acidic and may permanently damage the wheels. Please note that wheels damaged by these types of cleaners are not covered under warranty.
- Never clean your wheels with scouring pads or abrasive materials.
- Use a dry, soft microfiber cloth to clean the lug holes and between spokes.
- Avoid automatic car washes as they can cause wheel damage and may use acidic cleaning agents.
- Never allow steel wool or hard bristle brushes to come in contact with your wheels.
- Never allow harsh chemicals or tire cleaners to come in contact with your wheels as they may permanently damage the wheel's appearance.
- Never spray cold water on extremely hot wheels. Allow them to cool down before cleaning with a mild solution of soap and water.
- Clean your wheels only with mild soap and water and dry them thoroughly. For more aggressive cleaning, you can use a 50/50 solution of Simple Green™ and water. Rinse immediately and ensure the wheels are dry when you're finished.
It is important to clean and maintain your wheels frequently, especially when the wheels are exposed to extreme conditions such as salt, snow, acid rain, etc. Drying your wheels thoroughly after cleaning is highly recommended. The use of an air compressor with an air blower tip is great for this. Many service dealerships will wash your car at the time of your service. Please make sure to tell them not to use wheel cleaner on your wheels. These cleaners can permanently damage your wheels. You may apply a very light coat of high-grade wax to clean, polished or painted parts to help protect them between cleanings. In extreme weather conditions or when storing wheels, a thin protective layer of wax applied to your wheels is helpful.
Browse our wheels
Forgestar wheels are available in a range of widths, diameters, and offsets to ensure your vehicle has the perfect wheel fitment! Browse our wheels by category below.